Home

Monday, May 16, 2011

A wreath of sorts

This is a wreath that Shell saw at CHA this year and posted on her blog.  It was made using Canvas Corp Products.
My friend Shell has a store so she gets to attend this great event and she is kind enough to post all the great new things that the crafting community has coming up.  So this is what just spoke to me.  I loved it the minute I saw it an knew I had to make one in my own little way.  While we where at the beach I started compiling all the things I would need and getting them ready.  This wreath was made using Canvas Corp Products,since there prices are out of my budget range I decided to make mine from:

(4) 7 x7 canvas  pictures from the $ store
(4) 3.5 x 3.5 Hanna Montana boxes with lids for .79 cents each in the clearance section of Michaels
(4)  3.5 x 3.5- .25 cent picture frames I found in the clearance section of the $ store
Gorilla Glue
Scrapbook paper
Modge Podge of course
Tim Holtz distress ink
Odds and ends I had on hand

Here are a few pictures of the process:

I didn't know the $ store had a clearance section.  Did you?

An arrangement of the boxes without the larger pictures.  I arranged these so many times.



Here is my completed version

A close-up.  This is apicture I took on our 25th Anniversary

a side angle so that you can see the dimension

It did not turn out how I wanted it to, but frankly after a month of messing with it I was over it and settled for this.  The hardest part was attaching the different boxes.  All in all I guess it's pretty cool.









4 comments:

  1. way cool Wendy! I think it looks fantastic - go you!
    The original is all canvas pieces so you were right in that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your thriftyness! I had no idea there was a clearance section at the $ store! Where?! I love the dimension! You did a good job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw your comment on a similar wreath over at 504 Main & came by to check yours out. I love what you did, substituting what you could afford to achieve a very similar look! You did a great job!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment, make me Smile....